Monday, March 22, 2021

Watch it again! Read it again! It’s a stab that goes through a sensitive heart…


Now this is an image which can make a sensitive heart crying just from a second. I was met up with this photo accidently in an old magazine that I found. The image suddenly caught my attention- by drowning me into curiosity as a man covers a head, and a child sleeps on his lap. So as I explored more, undoubtedly this left my heart broken from an instance and then I realized I’ve tears in my eyes when I was watching the image by knowing the story. This image and the story behind it is worth sharing……
So now, The four year old child recognizes his father only from his voice. The most heart breaking part of the moment is, this little child falls asleep on his father’s warmth for three minutes from the allowed five minutes. Under the heating sun on a sandy dessert this infant sleeps sound on his father’s lap. At the moment suddenly the lenses of Jane Mark captures this scenario. This incident was recognized as a most emotional scene not only by the American forces but also throughout the world. The child who was sleeping the last sleep on his father’s affection and warmth, even during the 20 minutes of extra time given, was jerked on the last minute and bids farewell to his father forever. After that Jane Mark was unable to see either this father or son.
“I saw that humanity…. Even I have a daughter from the same age in my county. I did not see a terrorist… I saw a father. I captured the paternal love. But that was not one of the best incidents in the world. It was an incident one must not see, a father must not go through and a child must never experience” says Jane Mark with the capture he shot. Amidst all the 63,000 photographs from various 4330 photographers out of 124 countries across the world this photograph from Jane Mark –‘the end of a paternal love’ was selected as the best shot and awarded the Pulitzer award.

This photo is getting captured by the French photographer, Jane Mark, on the 13th of March 2003, in an American army base.
Amidst an adverse condition that occurred in between Iranians and American soldiers this father is getting arrested and sentenced to death and as the last desire of this father, he gets the chance to see his son just for five minutes. But this innocent little child was not able to see his father’s face as according to the law a terrorist who is sentenced to death is not allowed to uncover his face. So as this father requests for permission to go to his son an hour before he breathes his last breath, was granted permission in an open land.

1 comment:

  1. What you are commenting is about blood and tears which are all the times thicker than "just water". Through all those years the only thing left behind is the waste of humanity. But the real argument lays on the fact who should be responsible or who is the cause? Is not it human beings ourselves?

    ReplyDelete